This week, CSC165 showed a strong emphasis on recognizing and using symbol notation. I learned some useful tips for parsing logical expressions, which came in handy for this week's tutorial and quiz. After this week, I am significantly more confident with using "Λ" and "V", negation, domain restrictions, Venn diagrams, and truth tables. For next week, my goal is to gain a better understanding of "∩" and "U" symbols.
When we discussed the commutative, associative, and distributive properties of logic and set operations, it took me some time and brain power to reason through the identities. Finally convincing myself of their truth was a successful moment!
Today in class, we were given a problem to ponder - defining a method to predict the sequence of up/down creases when folding a paper repeatedly. To me, this class is so unique in that it gives us an opportunity to stretch our thinking. This is beneficial in all areas of education and life. I know that the skills I develop will be valuable even after the conclusion of the course.
No comments:
Post a Comment