Saturday, 11 October 2014

Week 5

We are slowly moving along in our study of proofs and their neat expression. It is interesting to learn the proper structure and its importance in conveying the intended message of the proof. Our quiz this week covered structuring and commenting clearly.
The test this week was very similar in form to the sample test provided to us as practice. I thought the questions asked were fair. The test was rather long, which didn't leave much time to go back and check over answers. However, I tried to be careful the first time through, so I hope I did well! We were allowed to bring a sheet of notes with us, but I rarely made use of it. I think that the process of creating a sheet was useful, as it encouraged us to go through all notes rigorously.
In a few weeks, we will have our second assignment for the course. Until then, we will likely be learning and practising many techniques for proofs.

No comments:

Post a Comment